Sunday 4 November 2007

CHERYL COLE

I am sort of like a News Junkie, so every now and again I check different web sites to know whatsup. While doing my daily bbc.co.uk rounds, I found some intriguing news in the football gossip column. “Chelsea star Ashley Cole bought his wife Cheryl a £150,000 Bentley but she turned it down because she felt she didn't earn it.”
I was like Blimey!

I can see my ladies reading this going like “Oh My GOD! Why not me?" Yeah! I feel your pain.
The man is your husband, girl! Not your boss. It’s funny though.

But doesn’t that sound like many of us. We ask GOD for stuff and we have a problem receiving it because we think we have to “earn it”. Or we don’t deserve it. For some of us, we say we haven’t paid our dues for it. Anyways, I’d like to say you deserve it because Jesus by HIS blood paid for it. Even though you didn’t work for it, as far as GOD is concerned, you deserve it. That’s GRACE yo! “When people work, for their wages are not a gift but something they have earn”. He is your Daddy, U dont have to earn it!

The simple reason that you deserve it is because HE is your heavenly father. Just imagine you having to earn stuff from your father (even though sometimes parents make us feel like we ought to earn it). Newsflash! GOD is better than your father! According the words of my favourite teacher of all time,
“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!”
So whatever it is that you are believing for all you have to do really is open your heart to receive it, ‘cause you are worth it!

YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT
I had a long conversation with a very good friend of mine earlier today. She felt that things were not going according to plan. She was basically discouraged with life. I know that for many of us, that’s how we feel. Like our dreams may never come to pass, and that life may just be passing us by while others are getting ahead.

This reminds me of two of many favourite stars. The average rapper releases their debut album sometime between when they are 19 and 24. Well Jay Z didn't come on the scene that early in life. His first major release came when he was 27. Forward to ten years later is 2007, he is the richest rapper alive, the President or Def Jam Records, the most important rapper to have ever lived and arguably the best MC of all time.

Samuel L Jackson graduated from Morehouse College in 1972 at the age of 24. Had his big screen debut 16 years later (at the ripe age of 40) in Coming to America as a small time thief (it was quite a minor and forgettable role). After a series of well-reviewed performances, he has since become a major film star and cultural icon, having appeared in a large number of high-grossing films.
In motion pictures that feature him as a leading actor or supporting co-star, his films have grossed a total of $2.28 to $3.95 billion at the North American box office, placing him as the eighth (as strictly lead) or the second highest-grossing movie star. No mean feat I must say!
No matter where you are now, keep dreaming; keep doing what you’ve got to do. Dont forget, it took Joseph 20+ years to see his dream manifest.
It’s not over until the fat lady sings!
For the church going folks, hope you had a great time today. Like my friend says, 'Happy Sunday'!

Have a brilliant week!

2 comments:

Rinsola said...

I read this over again, i was spoken. Thanks for sharing.

Comrade said...

True stuff, Some start early, some are late bloomers. What matters is that you do what you have to do. Well, the name Cheryl Cole makes me squirm. As a Loyal Gunner, I don't think much of her. She turned Ashley's head and game upside down and made him a figure of hate at the Emirates. She earned him the name Cashley. I'm sorry I don't see any of her stunts as some form of modesty. It's just PR