Tuesday 20 November 2007

THE REAL F WORD!

Someone once told a story about driving one joyful Sunday morning to church. He spotted someone from his rear view mirror driving and overtaking very recklessly. Well, he did what any sensible person on the road would do he slowed down and sort of veered to the right. He sped past and him and almost had a head on collision with an oncoming vehicle on the other lane of the road. The driver had to pull a stunt and skid of the road. The driver whose car almost got stopped his car, stuck his head out and rained abuses and curses on the driver, who had sped off to wherever he was in a hurry to. While this story is about was just about driving safe on our roads, it reminds me of how many of us live our lives. Someone hurts us and moves on, while we stop living.


This reminds me of a very silly Nigerian adage “Person wey shit the shit dey forget but the person wey pack am nor dey forget” translation "The person that passed the poo on the floor may forget, but the person that cleaned the floor will never forget".
Please forgive my language.


Many of us for lack of a better word have been pooed on. While some of us still have beef with the "pooer" many of us have refused to take a bath and change our clothing (metaphorically) so we carry the stench of poo around. Some of us have smelt bad for like 10 years. I can see you say Yuk! Awful! I have a friend that refused to date someone for 8 years because he was heartbroken. Sounds like someone you know? Like the old story I heard a while back about a man who had a bird poo on his moustache. He cleaned it off but did not wash it off, but he kept complaining that everything stank. His food stank, the room stank and went on to say that the world stank. The world didn't stink, he had to wash his face and move on.


What I’ve been trying to say in so many words is that though it hurts like crazy, please forgive everyone who has hurt you. Even the ones that will never say their sorry! I have learnt a practice; I forgive people in advance.


Experts from the American Psychotherapy Association assert that some medical conditions are caused by psychological problems. For example unforgiveness, anger and hurts can cause arthritis, ulcer and heart. Some unforgiveness disorders with psychological roots may be chronic insomnia, chronic pain, chronic fatigue, tension headaches, high blood pressure, asthma, menstrual and sexual problems. I can testify to the asthma one at least.


After teaching his disciples the principles of what has become the basis of the Faith Movement, Jesus said that when you stand praying, forgive or your heavenly father will not forgive you. Basically we have all sinned against somebody, so on the real we do not have any right not to forgive those who hurt us. That brings back to my mind the words I learnt while still in kindergarten, “and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us”.

So if you want answered prayers you can’t live in unforgiveness. Forgiveness has emotional, physical, psychological and spiritual benefits.



I would like to talk about something that is very close to my heart, which spurred me to write today. It is the very poignant subject of self forgiveness. I speak with people who seem to have something against their own selves because of something they did at some point in time. People struggle with so much guilt and shame for things they did in the past or may still be doing that it causes feelings of unworthiness and worthlessness. Some of us are even bitter to themselves.


I will like to announce to announce to anybody struggling with such emotions that GOD is a forgiving GOD. HE is light years better than your daddy. One of the favourite disciples is Peter. He was such an outgoing man who sometimes even put his foot in his mouth.
Anyways on one fateful day, I’m very sure someone had just pissed him off over and again. He walked up to meet Jesus and asked him question, He said “how many times in a day should I forgive my brother?” Jesus answered saying that “if you brother sins against you 70 times 7 times in a day and each time asks for forgiveness, forgive him”. That’s 490 times in a day! Now that’s crazy!


But my thought here is if GOD expects such high standards from us, what do you think he expects of HIMSELF? He said as high as the heavens from the earth so are my ways higher than yours. I’m sure GOD will possibly forgive us 490 billion times in a day if we ask him to. It’s my personal opinion that we don’t have enough years on the earth to exhaust the wealth of the Grace of GOD. He said if we confess our sins “HE is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us”. Does that mean we should go on sinning? I think not! But I’m grateful for his forgiveness anyways.

If you have asked GOD to forgive you, His word says HE has. If GOD has forgiven please forgive yourself, even if you had multiple abortions or committed murder.

GOD said in Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake, and remembers your sins no more”. If GOD forgives you for HIS own sake I think you should forgive yourself for your own sake. For your health and well being (both spiritual and physical) please forgive yourself.

There are many people out there going through difficult times, who think they are going through what they are going through because GOD is mad @ them; and sometimes we have people who make us feel that way. I have good news for you; GOD is not mad @ U! His mercy is for life, so forgive yourself and live free!

Have a Brilliant Day!
Breathe Easy!

2 comments:

dScR?Be said...

wow.. thanks
i have 2 pass dis word on to a friend of mine. we just finished talking and i know he has a lot of unforgivness he's dealing with mainly cos. d same ish keeps happening over n over again....
thanks for dis word though

Anonymous said...

This word is for me, I have been struggling and this came right in time.